Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 October 2013

People like you don’t go to the gym right?


Is this due to your own lack of confidence?

Or does this have something to do with the way that you currently feel about yourself and your goal just seems so far away, that joining a gym to achieve this just seems too unrealistic to reach?

Or could it be and one of which we have experienced most with our members when they originally join us is that they don’t want to be compared or even judged because you have a fear that you are not going to achieve the same level of results as our member success stories suggest

____wait a minute____

I kinda float in the same boat really

You see, I hate the typical commercial gym

So much so, at one time when I worked in one, I actually contemplated quitting the fitness industry

What bothered me most was the fact that the staff doesn’t care about you

They’re not even the slightest friendly

The gyms are so huge it just looks like a huge warehouse full of machines

Did you know the cardio machines (bike, treadmill and xtrainer) are only there because the gym doesn’t have enough staff to look after you?

They actually want it this way

They need something to keep you occupied

That’s why they just plonk you on the first piece of cardio machine in sight without even asking about your goals

What if doing cardio was the least effective exercise to achieve your goals?

They don’t care they just want to make sure your occupied

Or at the very most hope that you become bored, sick and tired of doing the same thing over and over again

To where you eventually stop showing up

This is actually their business model “hoping you don’t show up”

Imagine if 5000 members did?

Then you have the actual other members

I don’t know about you but I think half of them don’t even know what they’re doing they just turn up in their fancy gym gear looking the part but not actually doing anything

If only they knew that doing the stepper for 2 hours, actually damaged their knees, didn’t burn a single fat calorie and if anything over time made them un healthier than when they actually started

Just this weekend in a gym at the hotel I stayed just looking around made me think to myself if only they knew

But then this brings me on to my next point

WHERE are the staff?

Why isn’t someone pro-actively helping these members, that’s what they are paying for right?

The reason is because

1.       They can’t be arsed. They’re NOT passionate enough about helping people change their life’s (That’s the opportunity they have right?)

2.       They’ve been taught at a very basic level – they couldn’t even adjust your exercise selection so that the member a) got a better more rewarding return b) the exercise they know are so generic its untrue and c) they have no peoples skills or even life skills as a matter of fact.

And a bigger reason for me is that they have NO experience in helping people like you!!!

If they say they have  - ask them to prove it

Call them out

I mean photos, measurements, testimonials even ask to meet likeminded individuals

And I mean life changing proof!!!

___There’s more____

But I am going to get of my high horse here otherwise I’ll rant for a whole week about this stuff

The point I am getting at is

There is someone who can help you

There is a coach that can get you from where you are to where you’d like to be

We have members that have been in your shoes and wont judge you they will even be there supporting you all the way, hey you may even become GOOD friends a lot of our members do

We have experience not only from a results point of view but also as leaders in the industry – Sam, my program director will be responsible for your program design and he currently is IFS Personal Trainer of the Year 2013

And so much more

But again don’t take our word for it

Talk is cheap right?

Once you have been to us you won’t go anywhere else or even feel the need to search

The gym gives us a whole different meaning it enables us to use it as a platform to meet you

“You gained my trust by delivering what you said you could help me achieve, through honesty and integrity and by being there every step of the way. Strongest values - Your belief in what you do, your desire to get the clients the results they seek, your honesty, integrity and customer focus. What do I value about your service - All of the above together with the fact that it's delivered by some of the nicest guys I've ever met.”

Nice quote there wouldn’t you agree?

By the way, if you would like to meet me face to face for a coffee and a chat then just give me a call sometime on 0116 276 3411

And then we can discuss how our 30 day trial with you – gives you a perfect opportunity to see what we do here RWL without getting yourself tied in to a mess and a place where you don’t like

Joe (would love to impersonate Gordon Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares for Gyms) Hanney

Ps we are probably one of the first to have no cardio equipment in our gym, none whatsoever!

No comments:

Post a Comment